5.13.2012

Mother's Day {Torn}

My heart was torn this Mother's Day...
A big part of my heart was filled with thankfulness and love for my mom and what she means to me.  {Bummed I didn't get a picture with her.}

And then, of course, I am so thankful and blessed that God chose me to be Max's mom...


But there was another part of my heart today that was burdened for all of the "I-want-to-be-a-mom-but-I'm-not" women out there.  Some of them I know personally, and many I have never met.  I haven't forgotten what it feels like to be a wanna-be mom on Mother's Day.

So, I prayed for you today...whoever you are.

This is what I want you to know...

Being infertile is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  It's one of the major circumstances in my life that tested my faith and my trust in God.  Up until that point, my life had pretty much gone according to my plans.

Born into a loving family who taught me about the love of Jesus

Blessed with lots of great friends

Graduated from college

Met the love of my life

Got a teaching job right out of college

Married the love of my life

Unsuccessfully trying to have children for 5 years, not part of my plan.  But infertility allowed me to be Max's mom and I wouldn't trade him for any pregnancy in the world.

More than anything, I want you to remember that God is in control.  He knows your heart and your desire to be a mom and he wants you to trust Him.


If you are a wanna-be mom, I would be honored if you would email me so that I can pray for you specifically.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing yesterday. We had a rough morning (Quinn colored our kitchen walls :). I was frustrated then I remembered how truly hard Mother's day use to be. I love your heart and passion for others who are struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Abby, and well-shared! I am slowing learning how infertility can be a blessing, as we begin the adoption process. Thank you for the Isaiah reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scripture and that you remembered those who might not be having a "happy" mothers day. Beautiful family pic btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet post Abby! I appreciate your openness to share that God's way was the better way for your life's plan. I love the family picture it is definitely frame worthy. I love you and I am looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. It seems like it has been forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this beautiful post and reminding us that for many it is a day filled with deep hurt and hopelessness. Reminds me to pray and that's always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...