7.30.2011

Re-thinking

You may have noticed {or maybe you haven't} that I have been MIA since Tuesday.  Been convicted of and re-thinking about my motives of this blog.  I love writing here.  I enjoy looking back and reliving memories that our family has made and ways God is working in my life.  Blogging is one of my hobbies and it's a creative outlet for me to express myself.

But I started noticing something.

I found myself thinking about my blog a lot, checking to see how many views my posts were recieving, wondering if anyone was leaving comments, wishing I had more followers, and hoping that what I said made people think that I was cool.  Sounds pretty pathetic, right?  It is.

Then, I was writing my Tuesday's "A Day in the Life of" post.  I had it all finished and I couldn't publish it.  It's amazing how God can use anything to speak to you. Seeing on the screen what I actually did all day was very convicting.  I hadn't opened my Bible all day, I hadn't included in my post that I had spent wasted a good amount of time on the computer when I should have been more productive {too afraid of what my readers would think}, and I was trying to word things in such a way that would make you think - once again - "Wow, that Abby, she's got it together and she's pretty cool!"

So, I'm starting over.

I will still write about my family, especially our beloved Max.  I will still take more pictures than I know what to do with.  And I will still post recipes and links that I love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where thieves do not break in and steal."
Matthew 6:19-20

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My prayer is that my heart and my motives will be different.

My treasure is in my relationship with Jesus Christ and I want this blog and my heart to reflect that.

Here's to a new beginning.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I've noticed you were gone....and I totally understand what you mean about checking your stats. I think it's too hard not to. Whenever I get into that weird, competitive mode, I just do a little rethinking myself and remind myself that I'm just trying to document the girl's lives. In fact I have thought of stopping my blog and somehow doing a journal of sorts with the pictures, but honestly, I almost need the idea that at least some family members/friends are reading my blog to actually get me to post. Which in the end, I am very glad I have at least the first couple years of my children documented. I have wondered lately the future of my blog though... (this is abby b. your blog won't let me comment unless i am anon.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog while doing a search for adoption and Chuck E Cheese! I'm sending you an email, so keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing woman. And woman of God. Like some things, they have a bit of evil. I felt this way in May and we moved and then haven't hooked back up the internet and its been the best thing. Minus having the ability to check it from my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do hope you continue to blog. As another adoptive mom, I really value being able to "peek" in and see how you deal with things. Open adoption is a sticky wicket for my family (due to some choices the birth mother has made in the past, not because I am opposed to it. Quite the opposite actually. I wish she wanted to connect more than she chooses to.) While Satan can twist things sometimes in our lives, I think God is using you on here. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...